- ►Introduction (11)
- ►Features (44)
- ►Common Functions (17)
- ►Use Cases (8)
- ►Common Problems (24)
- ►Technical Integration (9)
- ►Plugins (14)
- ►Accounts and Billing (10)
- ►FAQs (46)
- ►Uncategorized (1)
- Corresponding asterisk are matched in case of Split URL test. So whatever is matched by first asterisk in control will be used to replace the first * in variation URL pattern. So by replacing all * in variation URL pattern with their matches, VWO creates URL for redirection.
- Number of asterisks in control and variation URL pattern should be equal.
- If control and variation URL pattern only differ in terms of query parameter, then please add that query parameter part to the Exclude URL field in test settings. It stops VWO from tracking any visitors coming to variation directly and also prevent VWO from splitting any further visitors coming to variation URL directly. Similarly, if control and variation URL pattern only differ in terms of hash, then please add that hash to the Exclude URL field in test settings.
- In case of Split URL test where you want to match path and query parameter and you want to add a separate query parameter to variation URL, use following pattern for control: http://www.abcd.com/** and variation: http://www.abcd.com/*?query=ab*
Points to note
- Query parameters are passed by default.
- While matching a URL with pattern, we remove ‘www.’ before matching, so pattern http://www.abcde.com will match both http://abcde.com and http://www.abcde.com
- For running test on pages served by both http and https, use http*:// in URL pattern
- For running test on any subdomain and not on www, use *.domain.com
- For running test on any subdomain including www, use *domain.com
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Using URL patterns in Visual Website Optimizer,