Posted in Case Studies on October 24th, 2012
Kaya Skin Clinic is a beauty clinic that focuses on improving the looks of a person by delivering services that enhance beauty and make for radiant skin. The services Kaya offers are quite complex since each skin is unique. Therefore, the dermatologist has to ascertain the best possible treatment and enhancement plan for his/her patient.
Kaya wanted to drive booked appointments and consequently, walk-ins & sales via the web more effectively. Their agency, Ultraviolet Digital, realized that there hadn’t been enough testing done on the landing pages and the conversion rate of the account overall was lower than the category average. Since, the Landing Page is the most important component of driving conversions; they thought they should put them to different tests. Gautamm from Ultraviolet Digital ran these tests using Visual Website Optimizer to run multiple tests on the landing page with us. Here’s what transpired over 45 days.
- Changing the text Call To Action just above the form will increase the conversion rate and consequently sales.
- Adding social integration will increase form submit rate
Simply focusing the CTA just above the form led to such large increases that had a direct impact on the business bottom line.
- Conversion rate of Variation 1 was 137.5% better than Control (9.5% versus 4 %)
- CTA change led to increased sales by 22% without a single additional dollar spent on advertising.
- Adding social integration increased conversion rate by a further 70%
This shows that it’s important to write out your benefits in the CTA. “Expert opinion” indicates that a specialist will be providing his/her views and communicates the value provided by Kaya Skin Care’s experts far better than the very generic “Skin consultation”.
Additionally, the number of people who “Like” the page is a way of displaying “social proof” and builds trust in the mind of the visitor.
What do you think about this test? Have you had any similar experiences where focusing the CTA text increased or decreased conversion rate? Let us know in the comments.
More optimization awesomeness
Know all that you need to get started:
- What is A/B Testing?
- Is it compatible with SEO?
- How to start your first A/B test?