WordPress and Drupal are the most popular CMSes on Earth as they power a lot of business and personal websites. These CMSes have been game changing because they enable anyone can setup and manage a website easily without ever touching HTML or messing up with technical issues. However, if you need to do A/B or multivariate tests on such CMSes, then it is not exactly a piece of cake. All the technical issues (inserting code, tagging page, etc.) associated with setting up a test completely defeat the spirit of CMS. Separation of content from code is the first place why one uses a CMS thus running an A/B test on it shouldn’t require any messing up with code.
Because we realize the pains associated with creating A/B tests on CMSes, we are proud to announce two new Visual Website Optimizer plugins for WordPress and Drupal. With these plugins, you do not need to touch even a single line of code on your website to create and run A/B or multivariate tests. The real power comes from the fact that if you have these plugins enabled you can create unlimited number of tests from VWO without any sort of page tagging. Simply activate the plugin and you are all set for increasing your sales and conversions.
WordPress Plugin Instructions
This plugin is made by Andy Bailey of CommentLuv. Thanks for your effort Andy!
- Download the plugin here or search for ‘Visual Website Optimizer’ plugin in WordPress directory.
- Follow the usual plugin installation steps: either it is automatic or extract the zip file, transfer the files to your blog’s /wp-admin/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin and enter your account id (available in VWO under Account Management link) into configuration page of the plugin.
- Start creating tests from VWO!
Drupal Plugin Instructions
Update: Thanks to Ted Cooper, there is now a plugin in Drupal repository which you can use (instead of downloadable plugin below): http://drupal.org/project/visual_website_optimizer
- Download the plugin here and unzip it.
- Move the folder “visual_website_optimizer” into your site’s “sites/all/modules/” folder.
- Browse to http://yoursite/admin/build/modules and look for the module named “Visual Website Optimizer”. Check the box next to it in the list, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save configuration”. This will install the Visual Website Optimizer Module.
- After the module is installed, a message will appear asking you to configure your VWO plugin on the settings page. Follow that link, or browse to http://yoursite/admin/settings/visual_website_optimizer and enter your Visual Website Optimizer ID, then click “Save configuration”
- Your site is ready to be used with Visual Website Optimizer!
We will be adding support for more CMSes soon. If you have a CMS and you want to experience the smoothest and easiest A/B testing on it, let us know. We will make a plugin for your CMS too.
Stay up to date
- Interesting results from our new case study - "A/B Testing Between Free and Paid Signups: Sometimes Free is Better" http://t.co/gmd9jyBFwA #
- @JuliaFok Our $129/mo package that gives 30,000 visitors to test seems like a good fit for you. #
- New post on our blog: Extend Your Conversion Funnel Beyond the "Thank-You" Page http://t.co/rEEtlVrxv9 #
- RT @SantiagoEcomm: @Wingify's #SplitTesting blog is great resource to follow for knowledge & case studies on #ConversionRateOptimisation ht… #
- RT @chinchang457: The new toy @wingify >:) http://t.co/NbGLNZ0G61 #
Write for this blog!
We accept high quality articles related to A/B testing and online marketing. Send your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org